Friday, November 5, 2021
- Only use P2P to pay an individual or business you are familiar with.
- Read the terms and conditons for the payment services you're using. Some offer reimbursement or protection plans, but not all of them.
- Be cautious when the transaction involves opportunities for you to make free money. Situatiions that involve depositing a check into your account and wiring a portion of the funds, or giving gift card numbers over the phone are red flags and signs of a scam.
- Don't leave your phone or other devices out for easy access. Safegaurd them with passwords to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- If you think you might be a victim of a scam, change your passwords immediately and call your credit union right away.