Works like a check, only better
Visa Debit Card
A Visa Debit Card, also known as a Visa check card, is a debit card that works like a check, only better. When you make purchases, the amount is deducted directly from your checking account. With a Visa Debit Card you also enjoy added convenience and security protections.
Pay for all types of purchases quickly and easily
Just use your Visa Debit Card when you are ready to pay. It works fast, so there's no need to write checks or fumble for change. Plus, you'll save on trips to the ATM and can leave your checkbook at home.
It's Everywhere You Want To Be®
Because it's accepted at millions of places worldwide, you can use it for nearly anything, including:
- Monthly bills
- Fast food
- Retail merchandise
- Movie tickets
- Gas and automotive services
- Internet/online purchases
- Phone orders
It is important to understand the differences between our Visa Debit card and an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card. A Visa Debit Card is only provided when you open a checking account, and has more functionality and accessibility to your accounts than an ATM card. The great news is that the only requirement to obtain a Visa Debit Card is to have a checking account.
- Safety - It eliminates the need to carry cash or your checkbook.
- Fast transactions - No need to write checks or verify your ID. Just swipe your card. Funds are withdrawn directly from your checking account. It's just like an electronic check!
- Payment type options - Choose from PIN or signature based transactions (you will need to choose the "Credit" option at the point of sale). Signature based transactions are protected by Visa and helpful to you in disputes.
- Convenience - Shop at home either online or over the phone. Use your card outside the US to make cash withdrawals or purchases.
- Save money - No check printing costs. No transaction fees or interest rate fees.
Use your Visa Debit Card or ATM Card anywhere you see the Visa, Plus, CO-OP, Armed Forces Financial Network (AFFN), or Interlink logos.