Share Savings Account
At SAFE, you'll find simple ways to save for your financial future.
- Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly:
- March 31
- June 30
- September 30
- December 31
- Dividends are earned on the average daily balance.
- An itemized quarterly statement is provided.
- A savings account requires a $5 minimum opening deposit.
- A secondary savings account requires a $1 deposit to open.
- Accounts are insured by NCUA up to $250,000. Visit ncua.gov for more details, as some exceptions do apply.
- Six Regulation D transfers are allowed per month. (To learn more about Transfer Limitations, click here to view SAFE's Electronic Transfer Disclosure.)
- $1,000 of free AD&D Insurance for those age 18 and up.
- Life Help and Group Accident Insurance are available at nominal cost.
- Excess withdrawal fee of $3 charged for each withdrawal in excess of nine per quarter.
- ATM withdrawals not subject to the charge.
- Inactive or dormant account (no transactions in a 12 month timeframe):
- There is a dormant account fee of $5 per month.
- There is no fee on balances over $500 and on accounts with members under the age of 24 years old.
- Main savings accounts can be used to secure a loan at 3% above rate earning.
- Earns more money by compounding.
- Convenient to deposit any time and earn dividends from day of deposit.
- Provides peace of mind concerning funds and convenient record of transactions.
- Low cost to open and maintain the account.
- Flexibility to have a number of withdrawals without penalty cost.
- Protection at no cost.
- Provides low cost protection and peace of mind.
- Low cost and flexible access to funds.
- Encourages use of the accounts.
- Saves money.
- Convenient to hold funds without restricting the primary savings account.