Fraud & Security
Whether you bank online, in person or over the phone, SAFE Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting you from criminal activity such as identity theft and fraud. If you suspect you are a victim of identity theft and or have fraudulent activity on your account, please contact us by calling 1-800-763-8600 or by visiting your nearest branch.
Help protect yourself from fraud by:
- Reporting lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Regularly update your account information including email addresses and phone numbers.
- Monitor all debit and credit card activity using our FREE Visa Purchase Alerts service. Spending alerts and balance alerts will help you keep track of suspicious activity.
- Memorize your PIN – don't write it down. If you do write it down, don't write it on your card or keep it in the same place as your card.
- Review your Credit Report Annually. Annualcreditreport.com is the only authorized online source for you to get a free credit report under federal law. You may also receive your free credit report by calling 1-877-322-8228.