Who We Are
We're more than a credit union. We're a group of people dedicated to helping people in the Midlands of South Carolina. When you work here, you're joining a group of kind, caring people who will become more than co-workers, they'll become family. And we're always looking for ways to give back to the community. As an employee at SAFE, you'll be able to participate in charity walks and 5Ks, fundraisers for local charities, and our annual Toys for Tots toy drive.
We Give You Room to Grow
We give all our employees a chance to grow and learn because we know the value in having great people on your team. We have people who have spent their entire careers at SAFE, growing from a trainee to Executive VP.
I joined the SAFE team back in 2000 as a Management Trainee. The support and encouragement they've given me over the years have helped me grow tremendously.
-Michael Baker, President/CEO
We Help People Achieve Their Dreams
Our members come to us with big dreams. They want to have adventures in new cars, buy homes for their families, and save for an exciting retirement. We get to help people achieve their dreams every day. It's one of the best parts of our job.
SAFE Employee Benefits
Our employees are some of our greatest assets. They're knowledgeable, helpful, and go out of their way to remember member's names and ask about their families. We work hard to reward that mindset with great benefits. Cost-sharing may apply.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up a 5% Match and an additional 5% Profit Sharing.
- Medical and Prescription coverage options to include a CDHP (for additional information related to our health benefit plans, click here)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical and Dependent Care
- Dental Coverage
- Basic Life and AD&D at no cost to Employees
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability at no cost to Employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Consumer Healthcare tools
- Telehealth services
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Accident and Critical Illness
- Paid Time Off and Federal Holidays
- On-site Fitness center (Operations Building location) for SAFE employees
- Partial Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Loan Rate Reduction of up to .5%
- Interest-Free Computer Purchase Loan
SAFE Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, including pregnancy & childbirth (or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation), genetic information, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, discipline, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Here at SAFE FCU, we are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.