Helping Members live their Financial Best
At SAFE Federal Credit Union, we connect South Carolinians in our seven-county service area with the resources they need to achieve lasting economic stability. In fact, that’s our mission—to help members live their financial best through all stages of life—and has been since our founding over half a century ago.
We’ve come a long way since our early days in 1955-era Sumter County, where fifteen Shaw Air Force Base civilian employees gathered together what cash they had to start a credit union.
Now, we’re a membership-based not-for-profit financial institution with more than $1.5 billion in assets, over 130,000 active account holders, and eighteen easily accessible branch locations dotted across the Midlands.
Putting People Over Profits
We’re a not-for-profit, so—unlike big-box corporate banks—we work to achieve the best possible financial outcomes for our members, not for anonymous groups of shareholders.
Here’s a preview of the member service difference that you can expect to see from SAFE when you become a member:
- Robust member benefits – Higher dividends on savings, lower interest rates for loans, fewer account-related fees, and more
- Ethical business practices – Transparency and integrity in all of our professional dealings with members and business partners
- Meaningful community engagement – Food drives, employee volunteer projects, and participation in charitable undertakings hosted throughout the year
Join today and take advantage of all the financial benefits available for our friends and neighbors here in the Midlands.
SAFE News and Media
Read the latest updates from SAFE and view recent media coverage.
Make an Impact Everyday
Find out what sets us apart—whether you're a member or an employee. At SAFE, we value your contribution and encourage your professional development.
Financial Resources From SAFE
- Columbia (Garners Ferry Rd)
- Columbia (Sandhill Station)
- Columbia (St Andrews Rd)
- Lexington (Augusta Rd)
- Lexington (Red Bank)
- Shaw AFB
- Sumter (Administrative Office)
- Sumter (Lewis Road)
- Sumter (Liberty Center)
- Sumter (McCray's Mill Rd)
- Sumter (Operations Building)
- Sumter (Oswego Highway)
- Sumter (Wesmark Blvd)
- West Columbia
- Bishopville - Quick Mart #2
- Lugoff - Young's Food Stores #28
- Shaw AFB - Emerson Williams Dining Facility
- Shaw AFB - Exchange
- Shaw AFB - USARCENT/Third US Army
- Sumter - Persimmon Hill Convenience Store
- Sumter - Pilgrim’s Pride
- Sumter - Sumter Judicial Center
- Sumter - Sumter Library
- Sumter - Tuomey Regional Medical Center
- Sumter - University of South Carolina
- Sumter - Young's Food Stores #47
- Sumter - Young's Food Stores #53
- Sumter - Young's Food Stores #8
- Sumter - Young’s Food Stores #17
- Sumter - Young’s Food Stores #19
- Sumter - Young’s Food Stores #21
- Sumter - Young’s Food Stores #37
- Sumter - Young’s Food Stores #46