Don't miss the checking account megahit of the year.
It's showtime—for your finances. Introducing PowerUp Checking from SAFE.
Unlike most high-yield accounts, PowerUp Checking is for everyone -- not just the A-listers. Earn a whopping 4.25% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) every month you deposit as little as $800 into the account and are enrolled in online banking with eStatements.
On months when you qualify, you'll earn our superstar 4.25% APY on balances up to $20,000 and our regular checking 0.05% APY on balances above that. On months when you don't qualify for the bonus rate, you'll still earn 0.05% APY. Nice, right?
Free checking. Huge APY.
They don't make double features like this anymore.
*APY= Annual Percentage Yield. Membership eligibility required. Available for personal accounts only; not available to custodial or personal representative accounts. One account per member. As of 9/1/23, accounts meeting qualifications during a monthly statement cycle will earn 4.25% APY on balances up to $20,000 and 0.05% APY on balances over $20,000. To qualify during any given statement cycle, the following conditions must be met: 1) Be enrolled in online banking; 2) Receive your monthly eStatement at a valid email address; 3) Have a minimum cumulative deposit of $800 into your PowerUp Checking account. If all requirements are not met during a given cycle, the entire account balance will earn 0.05% APY for that cycle. Qualification cycle means the full calendar month beginning on the 1st and through last calendar day of the month. Rates subject to change monthly.
PowerUp Checking FAQs
We get it. With power, often comes questions. We've put together a few of your most frequently asked ones here.
- Can my existing checking account be converted into a high yield checking account to include keeping my same micr and debit card numbers?
No, to qualify for a high yield checking account, a new account share must be opened. Credit union personnel are trained to assist with setting up reoccurring payments and direct deposits.
- Can I open more than one high yield checking account?
No, only one high yield checking account per member is permitted.
- Are business accounts eligible for the high yield checking account?
No, the high yield checking account is only available on consumer accounts.
- Is there a minimum balance required to earn the premium high yield checking account rate?
No, there are no minimum balance requirements to earn the high yield checking account rate.
- What are the requirements to earn the premium high yield checking account rate?
To qualify for the high yield checking account premium rate, members must be enrolled in online banking and signed up to receive electronic statements and have monthly deposits into the high yield checking account totaling $800.
- What happens if I do not meet the monthly $800 deposit threshold or if I'm not enrolled in eStatments?
If the high yield checking account does not meet the account requirements, the APY earned will reflect that of the standard checking account (currently 0.05% APY).
- Will the high yield checking account be eligible for courtesy pay protection?
No, the high yield checking account will not be eligible for courtesy pay protection, but can be setup with overdraft protection from another share account.
- Will the high yield checking account be eligible for the refer-a-friend incentive?
Yes, high yield checking accounts are eligible for the BFF incentive.