In today’s world, smart technology touches almost every aspect of our lives including how you conduct financial transactions. As smart technology makes our lives easier, it often comes at the cost of your personal security. SAFE Federal Credit Union recommends that you consider using the following precautions to help protect the security of your online account:
- Never disclose your user name and or password to anyone.
- Consider the use of a secure passphrase with a simple password.
- Never reuse a password or passphrase on multiple websites.
- Monitor your financial accounts for suspicious transactions.
- Conduct online banking and make financial transactions with a trusted computer. A trusted computer should:
- Use current antivirus and firewall software
- Use a pop-up blocker to prevent malicious advertisements.
- Use automatic security updates
- Be wary of phishing emails and social engineering attacks.
- Trust your instincts. If you have a feeling something is not right, you are probably correct. Think before you click!
SECURE PASSPHRASE TIPS
Password: Fb!942 + Passphrase: Toss4mogL4m =
Secure Passphrase: Fb!942Toss4mogL4m